Looking for Ideas this Valentine’s Day … Something a bit different and fun?
Thornleigh Golf Centre is the perfect venue for a Valentine’s Day celebration. Read one of our customer’s blogs on Buzz Feed as TGC’s Mini Golf is one of Sydney’s perfect places to go on a date! Our 18 hole mini golf course (two of them to choose from) is also described on this 24 Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day for Active Couples!
We will be open until 9.30 pm this February 14th, so why not bring your date for a fun, casual and relaxed evening – a hit at our driving range, or a few games of mini golf, followed by a sweet treat and coffee at our Bunker Cafe.
If anyone is looking to propose on that day and want some help, please let us know, we love a good surprise!!
History Of Valentine’s Day;
- Saint Valentine’s Day, also known as Valentine’s Day or the Feast of Saint Valentine, occurs on February 14 each year
- It has been said St. Valentine’s Day began as a liturgical celebration one or more early Christian saints named Valentinus, a Roman priest who was martyred on or around February 14 in the year 270
- People believe the day was first associated with romantic love in the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in the High Middle Ages, when the tradition of courtly love flourished
- Valentine’s Day is celebrated in many countries worldwide.
- In Saudi Arabia, Valentine’s Day is completely banned. No flowers, no chocolates exchanged, no wearing of red — bet that sounds pretty nice to some people!
- The last time February 14th fell on a Saturday was in 2009
- Victoria’s Secret Angel Adriana Lima eloped with her then boyfriend-of-three years NBA player Marko Jaric on Valentine’s Day in 2009
- Salma Hayek and Francois-Henri Pinault married on Valentine’s Day 2009 in the romantic city of Paris
- Vince Vaughn, this funnyman popped the question to his girlfriend of a year and a half on 14 February 2009.
- In Japan, women are the primary gift givers on Valentine’s Day, showering their men with chocolate. The men return the favour a month later, on March 14.
You might like to purchase a Valentine’s Day gift from our golf shop or driving range…
Contact us to discuss your Valentine’s Day Ideas.
We look forward to seeing you at Thornleigh Golf Centre soon!