Thornleigh Golf Centre Pty Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. You can be assured that any information that you provide to us that enables you to be identified when using this website, or re-visiting again in the future, will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Thornleigh Golf Centre Pty Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st August 2012.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name and password that you enter for use of this site.
- contact information including email address and mobile telephone number
- demographic information such as your gender, birth-date or age group, postcode, and possibly some golf-related information
- we may also maintain a record of transactions that you have with us
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- credit card details to facilitate payment of lesson bookings or other purchases that you choose to make via our website, although credit card details are NOT retained by us beyond the completion of each transaction.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping,
- To help speed up the process when you make other bookings or purchases from us in the future.
- We may use the information to facilitate the delivery of products or services that you request from us or to improve the products and services that we have on offer.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, or phone. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Credit Card information is not stored by either Thornleigh Golf Centre or our online bookings provider. Your Card details and all financial information is passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL (secure socket layer) encryption technology for processing via our Australian Payment Gateway provider. 128-bit SSL encryption is the industry standard considered the best for securing all financial information.
We will not sell, distribute or lease in any way your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you have given us your permission to do so.
Information you provide will only be disclosed or shared with others to the extent that it is necessary to fulfill the commitment that we have to provide the goods or services you have requested from us. This may include, but is not limited to our Online Bookings provider and Payment Gateway provider, Bank and/or Credit Card providers so that they can facilitate payments, and our In-house Golf Professionals, as well as postal or other delivery service providers.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Our Online Bookings system only uses “Session Cookies” which just retain your information from one screen to the next within a single session while you are making or enquiring about a booking. Once you log out of each session the cookies are deleted.
These cookies also help us to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and any identifiable information is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you provide to us when you enter information.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. No information that you provide to us is shared with any other website, even if you access them through links on our site. Once you have used these links to leave our site, you should also note that we do not have any control over other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you might provide when reach other sites that are not governed by this privacy statement. Therefore you should check separately the privacy statements applicable to any other website that you click through to, even from our site, before you enter any information.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
Terms & Conditions for Golf Lesson Bookings
All Private Lesson bookings, whether for a single attendee or a private group of up to 3 people, must be paid for at the time of booking. Please retain your booking confirmation/tax invoice as confirmation of your booking.
Refunds, Cancellations and Re-scheduling of Lessons:
There will be no refund of booking fees. If you contact us at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled lesson time, your lesson can be re-scheduled. Alternatively, if you cannot attend the lesson at the scheduled time personally you can nominate another person to attend that lesson in your place.
Additional Terms relating to Clinics:
In the case of any Clinics or Public Group Lessons that are held over more than one session such as School Holiday Clinics or Beginner’s Golf Clinics, the full amount must be paid at the time of the booking.
Group classes are held contingent on the registration of a minimum number of people. No Refunds will be processed less than 3 days prior to the start of the clinic. Participants cannot claim a refund if they no longer wish to attend or if they miss any lessons during the course, and missed lessons cannot be made up at another time.
If there are not enough people registered 3 days prior to the commencement of the clinic, then Thornleigh Golf Centre reserves the right the cancel the Clinic, and any customers who have booked and paid will be notified and given a full refund by the same method in which they paid. Alternatively they can have their booking fee transferred to another Clinic.