Mother’s Day Presents
Enjoy quality time with mum this Mother’s Day at Thornleigh Golf Centre. Enjoy a game of mini golf with the whole family and treat mum to brunch in the Bunker Cafe.
Mum will play mini golf for free on the day* and also receive 10% a range of specially marked ladies golf club sets. This offer is only available on Sunday May 10th.
*One free round of 18 or 36 hole mini golf.
Tempted to buy mum something special? Our Golf Shop has a huge range of women’s golfing equipment and apparel to suit all budgets. Alternatively why not buy mum golf lessons? Our PGA golf pros are on hand to take your mum to the next level – whether she is a beginner or just needs some tweaking to get her golf game on the improve.
Here are some interesting facts about Mother’s Day;
- Celebrated on the second Sunday of May whereas Father’s Day is celebrated on the first Sunday in September (Australia)
- Was first created by Anna Jarvis in America in 1905
- Anna’s intention was “Mother’s” should “be a singular possessive, for each family to honor its mother, not a plural possessive commemorating all mothers of the world.
- Anna was disturbed by the commercialisation of the event and in fact Jarvis organized boycotts and threatened lawsuits to try to stop it.
- The tradition of mother’s day presents on Mother’s Day in Australia was started by Mrs Janet Heyden, in Sydney, in 1924.
- Traditionally, the chrysanthemum is given to mothers for Mother’s Day